Wednesday, May 2, 2012

EXTREME Subtitle Reading

When you feel that using the subtitles is futile, that's understandable. I've figured out that this kind of practice is very advanced and it's skipping your average steps like grammar and verb tenses. Here's the thing though, I've tried that. I've tried going in order. Several times. It didn't work though because I couldn't get any of the information to stick long term.

Using Univision is a technique called Immersion. It builds your listening and speaking skills first before you learn the structure and reasons why for every word choice. It's how we all learned English. Now I build my own interest in looking up the grammar and I have this constant feeling of "Oh now that makes sense!" It's relieving and the next time I see the same example, it sticks. That's why this is really working, plus it's freaking free. I'm watching tv anyway so it's the same amount of time anyway.


You're not going to know every word and it's going to be too fast. But it will get easier and easier I promise. If it's getting easier for me then it will work for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment