Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Alejandra Guzman is a real person?!?

TV theme songs are key. I quickly memorized the lyrics to the theme song for Una Familia Con Suerte. Of course, I'm thinking the whole time that the woman singing is some comedian with a part in the show that I haven't seen yet. Turns out to be the current Lady Gaga of current Latino Music, Alejandra Guzman.

This made me interested in other songs that I could memorize to help me with idioms and phrases that go together really fast.

I've loved Selena even before I found out she was a real person and not just some TBS weekend movie with Jennifer Lopez that I had always halfway watched while doing chores. Now if the character in Legally Blonde turns out to be real, forget teaching, I'm going to be "a law school student".
Selena's music is a perfect example of trying out your listening skills while you're stuck in the car. Translate a song, then listen to the song until you can pick out the words and then BAM you've got a Sing A Long. You can't wus out on this sing-a-long either. Selena has excellent power ballads where you've got to belt it out. Another good thing is that her music doesn't have a particular accent that's hard to pick out because she grew up in the US and Spanish was a second language.

No comments:

Post a Comment