Sunday, April 22, 2012

Why? Rewinding the DVR

So... I am a teacher. Not only am I a teacher but I teach in Texas. Not only do I teach in Texas but I teach Speech Communications. It's asinine that I can't speak Spanish.

When you grow up in Texas you take Spanish courses in high school but you do the work for the grade, not for fluency or even competency for that matter. There's currently a big push here for bilingual education on the elementary level. I missed that boat, of course.

When a teacher feels ignorant or behind it's troubling. We feel like we're not doing enough for their students. We're strange people.

Education is everywhere. No Excuses, and it's going to be fun and at my pace. (Which means completely random, two steps forward one step back, and ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment