Monday, April 23, 2012

Challenge Accepted

Day One-I'm watching a scrubby looking man driving an older woman in a food
truck. They keep flashing back to her trying to kill herself off of a
bridge. Then they're having a birthday meal outside with his family.
Why does he keep laughing like that? UGH, why does he keep making those faces? I
pick up gracias and cumpleanos then I give up for the day.

What the heck happened to two whole years of Spanish classes? Tengo un gato in mis
pantelones. That's what happened.

My "tutor" is a sweet freshman student who's entertained
with my progress. I tell her about my frustration about the suicide attempt,
then a food truck ride then a kid's birthday party. I didn't think it was that funny really. Teachers like it when their jokes make kids laugh or maybe they pity smirk. But this became a literal OMG LOL LMAO session. I guess I do know at least one other language. 

She says that I stumbled on a show called Una Familia Con Suerte, a slapstick comedy. She gives me homework to stick with it. Challenge Accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment